Friday 30 October 2009

'I segreti di New York', Corrado Augias

I've just finished reading 'I segreti di New York' by Corrado Augias.
Every time I went to NYC I couldn't really get why is everyone so in love with it, I only saw change, new openings, nothing that could become mine, my city.
So I've started reading Augias book and really opened my heart to the city.
I loved how he showed me a Big Appple that I could never see with my own eyes.
He tells stories about the past, about characters like Edgar Allan Poe, George Gershwin, Antonio Meucci, Dorothy Parker, Keith Haring,Michael Basquiat, Marilyn Monroe..the first juish and italian families tht arrived on the island...
And all this places are enriched with their objects, inventions, art pieces and books written...

No comments:

Post a Comment